patdawg5

Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Only Memory

If I were to get amnesia and forget everything about my life, the one memory I would want to remember would be the day my mom, dad and brother surprised me and took me to Six Flags. Jon and I were being home-schooled. It was a special day for home-schoolers so it wasn't too crowded. It was in the spring and a fairly warm day. It was around two o'clock in the afternoon when we finally got there. I've always loved roller coasters. There's just something wild about anticipating that first big rush as you're slowly being pulled to the top of that first hill. I could hardly wait to get in the park to start the fun. We got in line for the Batman ride. It was a long line, and we ended up standing there about forty-five minutes, and then my dad said we should go get a Fast-Pass. A Fast-Pass would let you skip in front of everybody else. So after we got the pass, we went right to the front of the line. It was the fastest, longest and most fun. We were all screaming and laughing. It jerked us around a little, but it was still a blast. After that, we rode the Goliath. It's an orange roller coaster. I liked it more because it was faster and smoother. To me it was by far the best ride there. We ended up riding it three more times. Next we went to ride the Ninja which was probably my least favorite because it was rougher and jerked more than any other ride.

When we finished that ride, we were hungry and went to eat. I'm not sure what the place was called, but it had standard kid food, chicken fingers and fries. We went to try to ride the Deja Vu after we ate, but it was broken down, and there were construction workers all around it trying to fix it. The Deja Vu, when it's up and running, is a great ride. Later we rode the Georgia Scorcher which was another exciting roller coaster.

After finishing the rides, we went to the game area. My dad challenged me to a basketball game, and like usual, he won. The prize was a furry, white bear, and he gave it to my mom. My brother and I played at least five other games and had a good time. Just before we left, we rode the Goliath one more time, and then headed home. On the way, we stopped at the Varsity and ate. They have the best fried peach pies. We finally got home around ten o'clock, brushed our teeth, and crashed in the bed. We were exhausted.

That day at Six Flags was a great family day. And not that I'll ever get amnesia, but if I do, hopefully this will be the one memory I'll never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home